In partnership with my horses, I offer equine assisted psychotherapy to individuals couples, groups & families.
In my work, I look to:
- help others heal from trauma, understand & manage dissociation
- provide equine assisted psychotherapy and equine assisted EMDR
- provide adjunct human-animal interventions and collaborate with other providers to help get clients unstuck
- help families navigate behavioral health, academic and community resources
- provide caregiver & parenting support
- offer clinical supervision and consultation services
Horses make great companions for therapy because they respond to human behavior. As prey animals, they rely on an acute stream of sensory data to sense safety or danger. When people are introduced to the herd environment for therapy, horses respond within the same spectrum of physical and emotional responses that govern their own behavior, allowing for immediate feedback, co-regulation, new insights, growth and adaptive processing of information.
Contact me if you are interested in scheduling a meeting, session or demonstration.