I am a licensed mental health counselor and a licensed marriage and family therapist. Over the last 25 years, I have worked with youth and families in residential, community, home-based, outpatient and nature based settings. In addition to my equine practice located at Moonlight Ranch in Tyngsboro, MA, I also work at North Star Guidance Center, a virtual collaborative group practice.
My areas of expertise include working with complex family systems, couples therapy and helping individuals of all ages overcome emotional difficulties originating from traumatic life experiences. My areas of interest include clinical supervision, consultation, caregiver support, EMDR, neurofeedback, clinical hypnosis, meditation, farm based therapy, nature based therapy, psychotherapy and EMDR with equine interaction.
My passion for healing in partnership with my own desire to incorporate horses back into my life led me to integrate equine interaction into my therapy practice. Although I value, respect and utilize a variety of techniques, I find myself astounded by the horses‘ ability to ground us in the moment as well as reflect for us what it is “we need to see”. Within this reflection emerges a powerful awareness that can prompt new opportunities for insight, understanding and freedom from burdens previously inaccessible. This awareness led me to my talented four legged partners.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association
- The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- American Hippotherapy Association
- M.Ed.Counseling / Marriage & Family Track from the University of Massachusetts – Boston
- LMFT #1132
- LMHC #6292
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Clinical Hypnosis
- EAGALA Model Trained
- Equilateral Model Trained
- Certified Equine Interaction Professional – Mental Health