I am a licensed mental health counselor and a licensed marriage and family therapist. Over the last 25 years, I have worked with youth and families in residential, community, home-based, outpatient and nature based settings. In addition to my equine practice located at Moonlight Ranch in Tyngsboro, MA, I also work at North Star Guidance Center, a virtual collaborative group practice.
I partner with families, couples and individuals of all ages overcome emotional difficulties originating from traumatic life experiences. My areas of interests also include clinical supervision, consultation, caregiver support, EMDR, neurofeedback, clinical hypnosis, meditation, farm based therapy, nature based therapy and psychotherapy with equine interaction.
My passion for healing in partnership with my own desire to incorporate horses back into my life led me to integrate horses into my therapy practice. Although I value and respect a variety of approaches, I find myself astounded by the human-equine relationship and its ability to support connection and nurture new insights. Human-equine interactions involve attunement and co-regulation. This practice can cultivate feelings of confidence, curiosity and calm all of which can help us tend to previously inaccessible burdens.
This awareness led me to my talented four legged partners.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- American Hippotherapy Association
- M.Ed.Counseling / Marriage & Family Track from the University of Massachusetts – Boston
- LMFT #1132
- LMHC #6292
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- EMDR Trained
- Clinical Hypnosis
- EAGALA Model Trained
- Equilateral Model Trained
- Certified Equine Interaction Professional – Mental Health